Quantitative Insights Analyst (Rwanda)
- Insights, Design and Innovation
- Vacancy Type
- Full Time
- Job Advert Description
Context of the role
The role of Quantitative Insights Analyst responds to a critical business need for Girl Effect Rwanda to better prove, deliver and be able to replicate globally the value and impact its media products and programmes are having on the lives of girls.
A challenging but deeply rewarding role, the candidate will be responsible for shaping and delivering world class, innovative research to inform Ni Nyampinga brand strategy and evaluate and prove the impact of branded media for social change. A highly technical and specialist role, it provides opportunities to work with a highly skilled and diverse international team for an organization at the leading edge of its field, and shape approaches and thinking at an organizational and sector level.
This role will be accountable for the technical quality, delivery and uptake of high profile strategic internal research projects. They will be expected to execute and deliver actionable and insightful research findings to local and global internal and external audiences.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on both qualitative and quantitative research projects, and will be familiar with both skills sets, but will be more experienced using quantitative data analysis.
Deliver high quality, innovative research in order to understand, evaluate and prove the impact of Girl Effects work and ensure all activities are grounded in strong audience and market insights.
- Manage large and small scale research with support from the Director, Evidence (Global) and Snr. Manager Strategy and Insights (Rwanda) into a range of brand, content, cultural and thematic issues to understand the challenges and opportunities facing girls and shape Ni Nyampinga brand strategy.
- Respond to briefs, oversee tool creation, manage quantitative fieldwork and lead on analysis, reporting and delivery of research projects to Girl Effect local, global and partners.
- Commission and manage external research partners across a range of disciplines and specialisms.
- Be responsible for the translation of research findings into insights for use by the Girl Effect Band team, and report research findings to different stakeholders in the organisation
- Supporting with data cleaning and quality assurance for cross-sectional surveys carried out by Girl Effect in Rwanda
- Running of descriptive statistics from cross-sectional data from large quantitative data surveys.
- Oversee the relationship and communications between Girl Effect Rwanda, Girl Effect Global and external partnerships in relation to evidence strategy and best in class practices.
Represent Girl Effects research capabilities to outside organisations and support in the development of partnership and for profit research products.
- Represent Girl Effects research capabilities to outside organisations and partners.
- Support Manager TEGA (Global), Snr. Manager Strategy and Insight (Rwanda) and Deputy Director of Relationships and Partnerships (Rwanda) on the creation, communication and delivery of partnership and for profit research programmes and products.
Manage and capacity build the in-house research team and be accountable for their technical quality and on time, budget and brief delivery.
- Conduct and be accountable for the training and development of the in-house research team.
- Have overall accountability for the technical quality of all research conducted at Girl Effect Rwanda internally and by its suppliers.
- Line manage a large team.
- Budget responsibility, project delivery responsibility, team planning.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum Undergraduate Degree or equivalent in research, brand and marketing or social sciences related fields
- Highly proficient and experienced research practitioner
- Minimum experience in commercial or social research or related profession/ sector
- Experience working in social/ brand/ marketing / commercial sectors
- Demonstrable experience in brand/ communications research and tracking
- Experience managing a team and delivering to external and internal stakeholders
- Experience managing research agencies and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills, relationship management, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Culturally aware and respectful - curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate and an interest in working in developing countries
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- Adaptable and resourceful, with the ability to seek solutions and work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments
- Excellent critical analysis and thinking skills
- Self-starter - confident and proactive in generating and leading new initiatives
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with survey design and sampling
- Experience using SPSS
- Experience with cross-sectional survey data sets
- Previous experience implementing quantative analysis methods, including Chi-squared, Ttests, ANOVA, ordinary least squares (OLS) regressions and maximum-likelihood estimation
- Interest in Girl Effect’s research areas of gender, youth, behavior change
- Closing Date