Global TEGA Operations, Senior Manager
- UK (London)
- Vacancy Type
- Full Time
- Job Advert Description
Context of the role
Based in London, we have much loved and highly regarded brands in Ethiopia and Rwanda, new collaborations in Nigeria and plans to launch new brands in Malawi, Indonesia and India in 2017.
Springster: Our mobile platform, Springster, in partnership with Facebook, is now live in over 40 countries in 24 languages.
TEGA is currently active in 5 countries – Nigeria, Rwanda, Malawi, India and the US. This year TEGA is also launching into Bangladesh. With the exception of Nigeria, these networks are new and predominantly serving Girl Effect’s internal research needs.
The Global TEGA Operations, Senior Manager will be responsible for the back-end, internal tasks required to evolve these fledgling networks into established commercially successful operations serving the research needs of Girl Effect and like-minded, mission aligned external partners from the public and private sectors.
The key year 1 objective for the Global TEGA Operations, Senior Manager is to define TEGA’s optimal commercial and operational model blueprint to prepare TEGA for wider scale in 2018.
The ideal candidate may come from a finance, legal or operations role within the NGO / development, research or technology sectors and is looking for an exciting, dynamic new challenge.
- Defining TEGA’s legal and governance procedures and policies
- Defining and implementing the pricing model for TEGA’s internal projects (Girl Effect), and Public and Private sector clients.
- Defining the process for conducting a research project
- Defining a scale proof process for maintaining the safety of the TEGAs and respondents, and quality of the research output.
- On-going management of profitability measurement and review of actual spend on TEGA activities vs budget.
Skills and Experience
- Stong managerial experience
- Proven experience and success in growing a new innovation / small operation into a successful, commercial business.
- Proven experience in managing multi-geo operations, preferably in the global south / developing world.
- Ability to communicate and build strong relationships with senior stakeholders, clients and investors.
- Pioneering attitude: Thrives in being part of a pioneering team, who often break new ground and invent new and disruptive ways of working.
- Excellent rigour and attention to detail
- A collaborative team player
- Culturally aware and respectful - curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- Adaptable - able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments
- Excellent critical analysis and thinking skills
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Clear interest in working in developing countries
- Commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect.
- Closing Date