Financial Transactions Manager
- UK (London)
- Vacancy Type
- Full Time
- Job Advert Description
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the role will essentially take full responsibility for Girl Effects day to day transactions ensuring that up to date, accurate records of financial transactions are prepared and maintained in accordance with current financial procedures. This will include managing our Finance Officer.
The role will be a key member of the London based global Finance team providing services to support the business in the UK and in our overseas offices working in line with best practices.
Experience of managing a transaction team would be beneficial along with some exposure to Finance Change and Procure to Pay programmes.
The role will also provide integral support to the Finance Controller in ensuring that the financial accounting function is running smoothly, cash management is in place, processes and policies are improved and maintained including joint responsibility in provision of technical support of the finance system across the organisation.
Due to our rapid growth, in the next 12 months Girl Effect will be centralising all Accounts Payable transactions as part of a wider Finance Transformation Programme and this role will play a key part in taking this process forward.
The role will be based in London, with opportunities for travel to country offices or other locations.
Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Oversee the day to day management of the purchase ledger team ensuring that supplier payments are made in a timely manner and in accordance with contract terms, including management of Finance Officer.
- Overseeing the production of weekly payment runs for all Global locations using Financial Force and the online banking platforms.
- Ensure the Accounts Payable Control is reconciled to the balance sheet and maintained correctly.
- Ensure Supplier Statement Reconciliations are carried out and sign off each month with ownership of reconciling the top 5 suppliers.
- Assist the Procurement team in the day to day management of the Groups automated purchase to pay system.
- Manage expense reimbursement across the business ensuring timely payment to staff.
- Monitoring aged items, goods received not invoiced and outstanding debits.
- Review payment requests are in line with the Organisations policies for UK and In-Country offices.
- Oversee the corporate credit card process, ensuring policies and processes are up to date and being complied with and that the Assistant Account has reconciled the credit cards on a monthly basis.
- Support Senior Finance Manager and Financial Controller in centralising the accounts payable function.
- As new income streams are created, lead on delivering and effective Accounts Receivable function with appropriate policies and processes for revenue recognition.
- Oversee month-end closure and the timely and accurate reconciliation of control accounts supporting the management accounts process.
- Ensuring all inter-company charges are raised within the Group each month and that Intercompany balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled each month.
- Be the senior point of contact for all transactional team issues.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in reporting and compliance with the preparation of the financial statements and the day to day management of the year-end external audit for the Girl Effect, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and charities SORP.
- Prepare month end reconciliations for the UK and assist In-Country teams when required
- Ensure all intercompany/branch accounts related accounts are reconciled periodically.
- Lead in fixed asset accounting, ensuring that policies and processes are drawn up/up-to-date, the asset register is maintained, depreciation posted monthly and reconciled to the Trial Balance on a monthly basis.
Treasury Cash Management
- Oversee day to day banking and weekly cash flow report to be provided to the Financial Controller.
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliations for Girl Effect Ltd.
- Manage the petty cash process on a monthly basis ensuring that cash discrepancies are investigated and resolved and petty cash control account is reconciliation.
- To be the finance lead for setting up the petty cash ensuring that appropriate policies and processes are set up and adhered to when setting up in new Geographies. Manage petty cash for the London Office and maintain a petty cash register with required receipts and reconciliation. Ensure appropriate level of cash is maintained and policy is followed.
- To be responsible for the foreign exchange revaluation process - Update accounting system with exchange rates monthly and ensure processes are up to date.
- Analytical review of the monthly payroll file, from the payroll Bureau highlighting any anomalies to the Financial Controller.
- Processing of BACS recalls, faster payments and chaps payments to employees not paid through payroll.
- Lead in the Finance Team for payroll queries related to Finances part of the process.
- Responsible for the timely remittance of all payroll deductions.
- Ensure the transactions, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, payroll control accounts and fixed assets asset are ready in line with the year-end close down.
- Assist in the preparation of the Financial Statements and the preparation of data for the auditors.
- Assist with the provision of documents and information for country statutory and tax audits as they arise.
- Responsible for Department Performance Reporting, implementing KPIs to measure and set targets for the month end close down, balance sheet reconciliations and timely supplier payments.
- Driving process improvements to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the review, introduction and enforcement of Finance policies in relation to the AP, AR and cash cycles.
- Ensure procedures across the team are accurately recorded and updated and are compliant with the financial regulations of the group
- To play a key part in the delivery of a Finance Transformation Programme.
Skills and Experience
- Strong continuous experience of working in Accounts Payable, Receivable, Banking and Payroll disciplines.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- General understanding of Procure to Pay as part of a Finance Transformation project.
- Excellent organisation skills and to meet tight month end and weekly deadlines.
- Experience of writing a comprehensive list of system procedures or instructions for use by non-finance staff.
- Ability to drive process improvement / efficiency.
- Previous managerial experience within Accounts Payable and wider transactions.
- Previous experience of managing an end to end Finance Function including payroll and finance systems.
- Experience of working within a shared service centre responsible for other locations.
- A full working understanding of double entry bookkeeping.
- Able to reconcile balance sheet accounts including vendor accounts.
- Fully understand the accrual concept.
- A full understanding of the impact of entries on income and expenditure account, the balance sheet.
- A working knowledge of Charities SORP FRS102.
- Good experience in cash book posting and Bank reconciliations in both home and foreign currencies.
- Experience in preparing a fixed asset register.
- Experience of Inter-company and Inter branch reconciliations.
- Minimum AAT Level 3 completed working towards Level 4.
- Knowledge of Financial Force/Salesforce.
Other Key Attributes
- Have a hands-on attitude and good work ethic.
- Strives to provide exceptional levels of customer service.
- Able to break down a process and describe the tasks involved and their relationship to each other.
- Can deliver to deadline and fully understands the impact of their role on others.
- Confident and influential team player.
- Structured and systematic thinker.
- Communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Collaborative worker.
- Focuses on the customer experience.
- Has a desire to achieve.
- Solution driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Adaptable – able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments.
- Ability to work with multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds.
Salary package and benefits:
Competitive salary and pension scheme will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Closing Date