Project Manager (TEGA), Mumbai, India
- Project Management
- Vacancy Type
- Full Time
- Job Advert Description
Girl Effect are starting up operations in India (based in Mumbai) and are recruiting for an experienced Project Manager who is used to being heavily involved in setting up operations.
This is a great opportunity to work with our innovative peer research methodology (TEGA) which is at the cutting edge of the international development and media sectors and is for an amazing cause.
1. Support with procurement and management of local partners, local research agencies and translators
- Liaise with the Operations team on contract management using Salesforce.
- Work with the Finance team on processing invoices and budgets.
- Conduct due diligence on potential local partners and manage safety assessments on potential locations.
2. Project Management - including liaison with implementing agencies
- Work closely with the team to ensure project management and reporting tools in place and fit for purpose.
- Track teams, agencies and local partners’ deliverables and flag to team if they are off track in terms of timeframe and/or budget.
- If required, field visits to sites to support coordination and organization of TEGA research projects and/or training.
3. General support and coordination
- Organise and lead project meetings, logistics, team attendance and note taking (for internal and external projects).
- Manage the TEGA (Tech Enabled Girl Ambassador) budget.
- New research location process management in collaboration with other team members.
- Maintaining a database of TEGA’s (Tech Enabled Girl Ambassadors), translators and local partners.
- Business Development - identifying and building relationships with potential clients.
4. Expected results/outcomes
These will be finalised in collaboration with the selected candidate but are likely to include;
- Successful management of 4 new TEGA network set ups within India.
- Successful development of project management tools, quality assured and approved by Girl Effect London.
- Management of project management tools and status reports highlighting progress made on scoping, setup and launch phases of the TEGA program as well flagging any risks to delivering to timeframe and budget.
- Management of strong relationships with, and successful coordination of, the relevant Girl Effect teams and Implementing Agencies, tracking their progress against timeframe and deliverables, escalating to the Global TEGA team as/when risks arise.
- Successfully set up of a consortium of partners who would serve as a research advisory board including recruiting members and managing engagement.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive project management experience within either a technology or a research organisation.
- Proven experience and success in project managing complex, multi-geo projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and build strong relationships with senior stakeholders, consultants, vendors and clients.
- Pioneers attitude: Thrives in being part of a pioneering team, who often break new ground and invent new and disruptive ways of working.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Closing Date