Project Manager, Springster
- UK (London)
- Project Management
- Vacancy Type
- Job Advert Description
Over the past 2 years Girl Effect has developed a global mobile product called Springster that enables millions of girls to connect to the stories, inspiration, tips and advice they need. Springster is a mobile website - currrently live in 62 markets - designed for feature and smart phones in countries with limited bandwidth.
In the next year Springster will transition from being a basic mobile website to a fully-fledged global community of girls. We are in the process of rolling out new features, content, and services that will increase engagement, enrich the user experience, and magnify our impact.
All of this requires building our team capacity and bringing the right talent to help our team manage all the moving pieces of our product development. We are looking to hire a skilful Project Manager who can support our work in two areas: project planning and technological delivery.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Supporting the Content team to establish efficient processes and global project plans for content delivery and production in Nigeria, South Africa, Philippines, Indonesia and globally
- Designing detailed work plans to ensure delivery of product components.
- Developing schedules for project completion that effectively allocate resources to activities
- Working with the Global PM to design new ways of making the team more efficient and aligned to our goals and objectives
- Supporting the Global PM to manage the Springster backlog including requests from the Springster team and other GE teams
- Drafting project scopes for request of features ensuring technical feasibility
- Analytics for monthly reports - identifying global and local trends of Springster usage
- Liaising with our tech partner to resolve bug issues and other tech emergency situations
- Working with the content team to organize tech demos and tech trainings
This role would suit someone who has:
- Strong experience in project management, product management and coordination; ideally including delivery of complex projects working in multiple geographies;
- An understanding of Agile methodology and working with efficiency in the tech space
- A solid tech background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and mobile technologies
- The ability to liaise with technical managers and engineers to communicate decisions to all stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of CMS functionalities, could be Django, Wagtail, Wordpress or Drupal
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics
Salary package and benefits:
Competitive salary, benefits and awesome pension scheme. Plus, a whole host of other soft benefits including a great company culture, fantastic offices, development opportunities and the chance to work with amazing people – all for a positive cause!
Click on the link below to see a copy of the full job brief.
- Additional Information
- Closing Date