Research Specialist (India and Bangladesh)
- UK (London)
- Gender, Evidence and Insights
- Vacancy Type
- Job Advert Description
Girl Effect are hiring a Research Specialist with experience of delivering innovative research to support the establishment of new operations and networks in India and Bangladesh.
This is a great opportunity to work with our innovative peer research methodology at the cutting edge of the international development and media sectors for an amazing cause.
If you are social researcher who wants to work in a dynamic and tech forward organisation, we would love to hear from you!
Research, monitoring and evaluation
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure networks in India and Bangladesh conduct high quality, consistent research which leads to authentic insight into girls’ lives.
- Work closely with Brand and Gender teams to develop research briefs into innovative study designs, ensuring that research commissioned is fit-for-purpose, appropriate for different cultural and social contexts and effectively generating authentic and actionable insights.
- Provide technical support to research implementation that is project managed by in-country Evidence colleagues, ensuring that methods, tools, ethical and safeguarding standards, and field implementation are to quality
- Oversee quality of internal research studies, which are led from Girl Effect's London headquarters.
Training and support
- Train local partners in Girl Effect's innovative TEGA methodology using a ‘train the trainer’ approach
- Work with the Evidence team to improve existing training modules and adapt for India and Bangladesh contexts
- Support in-country teams/ partners to design, conduct and analyse research
Learning and sharing
- Support the Senior Manager, Evidence in driving innovation and quality in evidence and insight generation, through continual reflection on and contribution to strengthening research design and implementation
- Actively contribute to sharing and learning across the Evidence global team through accessible and engaging research reporting and presentation, participation in research uptake workshops and acting as an approachable and reliable contact for colleagues across Girl Effect when evidence queries arise
- Produce, with the support of Girl Effect’s communications team, engaging research briefings, reports and other knowledge products for external dissemination
- Represent Girl Effect at external conferences and events, through presentations and other knowledge sharing activities as required
- Provide technical support to country-based Evidence team members as required on global research, monitoring and evaluation projects
- Contribute to training and mentoring of country-based Evidence team members in relevant research skills as required
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, anthropology or other social science. Postgraduate highly desirable.
- Experience in social or commercial research, with a focus on emerging markets or Global South
- Experience in qualitative research tool development, fieldwork, data analysis and reporting. Experience of youth-centered and participatory approaches a bonus.
- Demonstrated skills in producing high quality, innovative and engaging research presentations and briefings for diverse audiences
- Experience of conducting training or facilitation, particularly using participatory techniques
- Experience working remotely with colleagues and/or field agencies and ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- Closing Date