Finance Business Partner
- UK (London)
- Vacancy Type
- Job Advert Description
This is a newly created, high profile and critical hire which will play a key role in the continued growth of Girl Effect. As a commercially focused Finance Business Partner, you’ll support the management of our growth portfolio and provide pivotal support to the Group’s long-term strategy.
You'll be involved with:
- Business partnering with senior stakeholders - providing strong financial insight and business critical analysis to support key decision making.
- Delivering in-depth analysis of new and existing business initiatives, challenging assumptions and highlighting any risks and opportunities to improve business performance.
- Leading on the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process, providing commercial analysis and models.
- Driving strategic direction and developing the mid to long term financial plans businesses alongside the Senior Finance Manager and Director of Finance.
- You will work closely with partners developing pricing proposals and liaising with different business units to ensure the viability of the proposals.
- You will also provide excellent business partnership and customer service to all managers and will be responsible for the provision of high quality financial management information and provide professional advice to senior managers and all budget managers within Girl Effect.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Producing monthly financial insights for teams and proactively working with budget holders to resolve any concerns or difficulties with their financial performance and management of their variances.
- Business Partnering with department leads to provide effective commercial business challenge and ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are achieved or beaten.
- Delivering significant improvement in financial reporting on business performance, improving understanding of income and expenditure and promote cost discipline and transparency.
- Assisting with the preparation of future year budgets -considering relevant activity data, cost pressures and service developments and working with Department Managers to establish budgetary submissions.
- Preparation of the 5 - 10 year business plan, modelling scenarios and creating an agile framework for planning and forecasting. Assess new business proposals in the context of the Groups business plans; cash flow, financial capacity, critically appraising the financial viability of proposals.
Business Analysis and Commercial Support
- Working closely with internal teams in assessing new business opportunities.
- Developing revenue reporting, fundraising pipeline and analysis – focusing on providing forward looking finance related tools to support the business.
- Developing robust income plans to ensure that opportunities are explored and risks are quantified.
- Setting up and managing effective cost management processes and controls.
- Leading on and developing pricing and business models used to assess new business opportunities.
- Assessing current commercial tools and managing the implementation of new commercial processes in line with key business strategies.
- Analysing the impact of service changes and cost implications of service redesign, adjusting budgets in accordance with changes in service provision if necessary. Youl'll also work with senior managers and department leads to prepare business cases and bids for new business and/ or service re-design.
- To contribute numerical and/ or graphical information that will form part of Board Dashboards or information showing progress on the Commercial Strategy.
Who we're looking for?
- You'll need to be a 'hands on' qualified accountant with proven business partnering experience and exceptionally strong commercial expertise, gianed within a fast paced/start-up environment.
- You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with and develop working relationships internally and externally, with a forward looking and challenging mindset.
- You will have experience of analysing the performance of a complex business and chart of accounts. You should be able to demonstrate an understanding of performance drivers and have the communication skills to engage at a senior level - challenging / influencing where required.
- Strong project management and excellent interpersonal skills will be essential and the person will possess demonstrable experience of high quality delivery in a rapidly changing environment.
- A "can do attitude", a solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure.
- Experience working within the charity sector is not essential however you must be genuinely excited by the prospect of joining a dynamic, creative, brand with a global reputation.
- Fully Qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent qualification
- Prior experience in a senior Finance/Business Partnering Role
- Strong analytical and excel modelling skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good initiative with an ability and willingness to problem solve
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Effective communicator both with finance and non-finance professionals.
- Strong report writing skills with the ability to express financial results articulately at multiple levels.
- Commercial acumen/awareness with an ability to identify opportunities
- Experience in using Financial Force and/or Salesforce would be desirable
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and awesome pension scheme. Plus, a whole host of other soft benefits including amazing offices, a great place to work, development opportunities and a chance to work with amazing people – all for a positive cause.
- Closing Date