Manager, Development Partnerships (Kigali)
- Strategy and Partnerships
- Vacancy Type
- Job Advert Description
Girl Effect are looking for a Development Partnerships Manager to work on our partnership strategy in Rwanda for our youth media brand Ni Nyampinga.
The role will be part of a newly created team – Partnerships and External Relationships - and will support Girl Effect Rwanda in its partnership strategy for Ni Nyampinga.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and deliver a series of partnerships within the development sector to help Ni Nyampinga maintain its national reach, deepen its impact with youth audiences and build towards a sustainable future.
What you can expect to be involved in:
Building partnerships with key institutions in Rwanda to extend the reach, impact and sustainability of Girl Effect Rwanda’s youth culture brand - Ni Nyampinga.
- Lead the development of Ni Nyampinga’s institutional partner strategy in Rwanda – segmenting key organisations according to their potential relationship with Ni Nyampinga and recommending gaps in the market for Ni Nyampinga to adapt product offerings to help achieve reach, impact and sustainability objectives;
- Work with Global Partnership team to support the development of potential Global “supply-side” partnerships and roll out relevant partnerships on the ground in Rwanda.
- Lead on the development and design of “supply-side” partnership offerings with Ni Nyampinga products and assets
- Work with Global Senior TEGA Relationships Manager on partnerships for Girl Effect research tool – TEGA, managing its showcase, lead generation and new business opportunities
- Work alongside the Global Partnership team and Senior leadership team Girl Effect Rwanda, to represent Ni Nyampinga in key partner discussions (drawing on technical teams as required) to negotiate the final programme model and terms with partners, including managing concept/proposal development as necessary
- Managing partner relationships and activities throughout partnerships including reporting
You'll need to have:
- Experience as a partnership broker and programme designer
- A strong track record of creating and securing funding for complex programmes in close partnership with other development actors.
- Extensive experience of large-scale and complex projects in the development field - ideally within social communications or girl-centred programming.
- Experience managing complex projects from conception to delivery and coordinating across multiple teams and work streams.
- Experience designing, building detailed budgets for, and developing implementation plans for complex development programmes;
- Ability to co-design programmes with external partner input and sign-off
- Experience negotiating multi-stakeholder partnerships with a variety of different development finance mechanisms;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement experience with proven experience of working with a range of partners (internal and external) to broker complementary activities and goals.
- A strong presenter who can achieve high-level buy-in for objectives and rally partners for support
- Ability to engage, inspire, and influence others
- A collaborative team player
- Culturally aware and respectful - curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- Adaptable - able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments
- Resourceful, solution-seeker, self-starter - confident and proactive in generating and leading new initiatives
- Excellent critical analysis and thinking skills
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude
We offer a competitive salary, plus a whole host of other soft benefits including amazing offices, a great place to work, development opportunities, as well as the opportunity to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with brilliant people
- Closing Date