Senior Manager, Girls Connect
- UK (London)
- Gender, Evidence and Insights, Project Management
- Vacancy Type
- Fixed Term Contract
- Job Advert Description
Girl Effect prides itself on trailblazing new and innovative approaches to accelerate change for girls. Most recently we have partnered with one of Africa’s largest IT companies, iSON Group, to create Girls Connect - a unique platform that delivers a personalised, anonymous and confidential experience for girls, combining access to on-demand content and on-demand conversations via a digital platform.
We're looking for a dynamic individual to join the Gender team on a 12 month contract basis and work collaboratively to drive Girls Connect to scale across Nigeria and new countries. This role, based in London, will be responsible for driving forward core components of Girls Connect and will work closely with global teams to ensure the product is taken to scale in our next phase and beyond.
The Gender team is Girl Effect’s gender technical function that integrates gender technical expertise into Girl Effect’s unique approach to social norm change for girls’ empowerment. The Gender team is also the function that leads Girls Connect, combining gender expertise with sound innovation, design and project management capabilities to realise the product’s vision. This role will be responsible for driving forward core components of Girls Connect and will work closely with the Gender team in Nigeria and London to ensure the product’s next phase is launched in Nigeria and support overall strategy development and implementation as we look to take Girls Connect to other geographies.
- Overall project management and coordination of Girls Connect globally, including developing tools to effectively track programme and financial progress and ensuring activities are met to timeframe.
- Responsibility for developing, managing and growing a complex partnership strategy and approach to Girls Connect involving tech, corporate, telecoms, media, NGO partners and supply side services
- Work closely with global teams to build partnerships that deliver the Girls Connect vision and strategy for Nigeria and new geographies.
- Support business development efforts for Girls Connect in existing and potentially new geographies, providing proactive and reactive information about the programme to key London teams as they pursue potential investment leads.
- Work closely with the London brand team to develop and manage the Girls Connect brand in-country and globally.
- Manage content production processes.
- Act as the focal point for all safeguarding activities related to Girls Connect.
- Contribute to strengthening Girl Effect’s understanding of innovation and its application to achieving our Theory of Change by identifying, exploring and documenting new or refreshed approaches being developed for the Girls Connect model.
- Line management support to other team members and, where required, matrix management to team members in-country.
Skills and Experience:
- Substantial programme management experience working in the technology, media or international development sector
- Proven experience developing and taking a digital technology, media and/or social innovation project to scale
- Demonstrated track record of developing and managing programmes that focus on gender and/or child/youth empowerment and rights in a development context
- Degree in gender, human rights, development or social sciences is desirable
- Proven experience working in a developing country context
- High attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and develop relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, from senior level down to grassroots
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to remain flexible and find solutions to challenges
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- Commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
- Closing Date