Gender Manager (12 Month Contract)
- UK (London)
- Gender, Evidence and Insights
- Vacancy Type
- Fixed Term Contract
- Job Advert Description
We're looking for a Gender Manager to join our London office on a 12 month contract basis. Our gender function integrates gender technical expertise into Girl Effect’s unique approach to social norm change for girls’ empowerment. This role will support with the development of our overall global gender strategy, its integration at country level, as well as provide gender technical input into organisational processes and products. In practice this means participating in, and managing specific work streams within global and country strategies. You'll play a key role in gender mainstreaming activities and supporting/managing specific work streams that support building Girl Effect’s approach to social norm change. The role will also include travel.
- Support the development of the global Gender team strategy and its implementation in country
- Support work streams and/or manage pieces of work that provide technical support for existing and new geographies. This could include research; country strategy development and delivery; management of geo specific product design and delivery (strategy, rollout/scale-up, content generation); new partnership product development/rollout.
- Support work streams and/or manage pieces of work that provide gender technical input into the design, strategy development and delivery of existing and future global products. This could include the development and delivery of training, content development and research to fill product knowledge gaps/needs.
- Support work streams and/or manage pieces of work that relate to Girl Effect’s gender technical approach to social norm change for girls. This could include input into brand and evidence work streams and research; producing briefs and knowledge pieces/tools; research to fill sector knowledge gaps.
- Keep up to date with trends and developments on girls’ rights and gender equality by participating in relevant sector events/meetings. Where Girl Effect convenes events, support with preparation of key learning and evidence to showcase.
- Support and manage work streams to mainstream gender equality into organisational policy and practice (e.g. huddles, development and delivery of capacity building initiatives for staff)
- Actively participate in team and organisational processes such as strategy development and reflection and learning events
- Manage local concept development of products and their integration into brand and country strategies that promote deeper brand impact
- Support/manage the procurement and management of consultants
- Manage interns as required
- Support and/or manage specific pieces of work to shape the gender technical direction for geo and product specific partnership development and rollout
Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelors Degree or equivalent in international development or a relevant subject
- Experience of working on girls’ rights or women’s rights programming and gender equality
- Experience in designing and delivering training around gender related issues
- Demonstrable experience managing programmes or projects to budget and timeframe, from concept development to delivery and evaluation
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A collaborative team player
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Adaptable - able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments
- Self-starter - confident and proactive in generating and leading new initiatives
- Experience working in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- Experience working with others in a developing country context
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Commitment to gender equality
- Closing Date