Specialist, Marketing Communications (Account Manager / Officer level)
- UK (London)
- Marketing, Brand and Digital
- Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary and pension will be offered to the successful candidate
- Vacancy Type
- Job Advert Description
Context of the role
Do you work in corporate communications and have you been trying to find a mission you can really get behind?
Do you want to know and feel like what you do really matters?
The remit of Marketing and Communications team is to inspire and attract influence, investment and partnership for Girl Effect’s programmes; brands and products that are reaching and empowering some of the world’s most vulnerable girls.
The team manage all marketing and communications activities related to the Girl Effect “parent brand” - including press, events and awards, digital channels, and creative production - with an eagle-eye focus on ensuring we’re reaching the right audiences (stakeholders, partners and investors) at the right moments.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Marketing Communications but you will work with teams across the organisation, including those developing our girl-facing brands.
You will be instrumental in delivering our marketing communications strategy, using our programmes on the ground to help tell our overall Girl Effect story. You will help to deliver a programme of ‘always on’ communications, crafting and executing key campaign moments across owned and earned channels, and supporting our Senior Leadership Team when they take to the stage.
You will also support communication leads in the countries where we operate with any B2B/corporate communications activity.
The Marketing Communications function is now more critical than ever to the success of the organisation and our ambitions: using sharp audience insight to build cut-through and fame for the Girl Effect parent brand, through a proactive pipeline of creative campaign platforms and thought leadership across owned and earned media and a regular drum-beat of targeted communications to our key corporate stakeholders.
This role would suit Senior Account Executive/Account Manager in agency or Officer working in-house.
This role is London based, but potential travel to our country offices may be required.
- Support on the overall direction and plans for Girl Effect's marketing and communications campaigns and always-on communications across our programmes
- Support the development and execution of key campaign moments for the Girl Effect parent brand
- Work directly with the communications agency and Senior Manager to deliver a world class press office function: including handling incoming media enquiries, supporting in-country teams with comms needs, organising press trips, drafting comms materials
- Manage a calendar of events attendance and proactively pitch Girl Effect spokespeople to high profile events (with agency support)
- Support on the delivery of our Senior Leadership Team’s engagement programme
- Support the Digital Specialist on social media and digital activation for Girl Effect’s own channels
- Manage Girl Effect’s award entry programme
- Be responsible for spokespeople press and events briefings
- Stay on top of media trends and news stories for our sector, disseminating them as appropriate within the team
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of working in a corporate communications environment (client or agency) - approx. 2-3 years experience - B2B, tech, media, big brand or development experience a plus
- Intellectually curious, with the ability to understand complex theories and translating them into simple ideas (minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent)
- A creative thinker, with the ability to apply and communicate thinking clearly
- A great writer, with the ability to adapt tone and style to our brand
- Strong project management skills and second to none organisational skills
- A good understanding and keen interest in digital and social media, as well as social monitoring
- A collaborative team player
- Curious and willing to learn
- Culturally aware and respectful - curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate
- Resourceful solution-seeker
- Self-starter - confident and proactive in generating and leading new initiatives
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
- Closing Date