Senior Manager, Finance Operations & People
- Finance, Operations, People and Culture
- Vacancy Type
- Job Advert Description
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit organisation empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee annual budgets and reforecasts to effectively manage delivery of programmes/ products against those budgets, maximising resource allocation;
- Lead on the overall setting and continuous utilisation of annual operational plans which support the needs of the business and that deliver good value for money;
- Ensure GER Operational policies and procedures are in line with current and future operational strategy / systems;
- Work closely with the Girl Effect Global team to ensure synergy between Global and on the ground ways of working feeding into new policies and managing their roll out and integration
- Management of the IT Service Providers to ensure that the IT systems and infrastructure are continually operational and fit-for-purpose;
- In conjunction with the People team (Global) oversee the HR/People function ensuring we grow and develop the skills of the team to ensure learning is captured and talent is cultivated;
- Support shared learning, knowledge and experiences across GER, and between GER and GEL/Girl Effect London, to enhance cross-pollination and maximise global relationships, partnerships, learning and ideas;
Leadership and Management
- This senior management and leadership role is part of the Rwanda Leadership team and have responsibility for overseeing the Finance, Operations and Procurement/Contracts, IT and People functions to ensure proper management and systems to deliver NN objectives;
Who You Are
- You have substantial previous experience with financial, HR and operational/systems management, logistics and procurement, IT and office management;
- You have an academic background in Business Administration, Finance or a related field (Masters/Bachelor’s)
- Proven experience in project management and coordination in an international/ multi-cultural environment;
- Knowledge of financial standards required by donors;
- Knowledge of operations and security management;
- Excellent level of spoken and written English;
- You are able to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure, especially in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds;
- You are able to influence and communicate both up and down the line, with the ability to inspire others to work towards the same goal.
- You can build successful relationships to advance business goals and manage the needs of diverse stakeholders;
- You have experience working in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds;
- You have excellent critical analysis and thinking skills - able to think clearly and logically.
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow - we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
- Closing Date