Research Specialist, Saginaw
- Gender, Evidence and Insights
- Vacancy Type
- Fixed Term Contract
- Job Advert Description
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
What You’ll Do
- Design research projects and interview tools in collaboration with thematic working groups, TEGAs and Research team in London
- Conduct interim analysis between ‘waves’ of field research, along with final analysis and reporting of research projects delivered by TEGAs
- Provide cultural context for TEGA research reports and conduct desk based research to complement qualitative findings
- Train TEGAs in advanced interviewing skills throughout the year and in line with TEGA training curriculum developed with the Market Research Society
- Track TEGA skills and work with TEGA Manager to support the network in developing advanced research and presentation skills
- Create short, insightful presentations and reports of key research findings and recommendations and regularly present these to the Saginaw Community Foundation and working groups
- Deliver clear film briefs to film production house and oversee production process to ensure film reports are delivered to brief and on time
- Monitor the uptake of TEGA recommendations amongst working group members and regularly meet and encourage them to commit to programme changes based on TEGA research findings
Who You Are
- You will have significant qualitative research design and analysis experience, ideally with a focus on gender and youth and/or education, health, safety and economic empowerment
- Proven experience of working with and supporting young people
- Ability to communicate and build strong relationships with senior stakeholders, consultants, vendors and clients
- Pioneering attitude - you will need to be someone who thrives in being part of a pioneering team, who often break new ground and invent new and disruptive ways of working
- Have a strong network of connections within Saginaw and local knowledge
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow - we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
- Closing Date