People & Culture Advisor
- UK (London)
- People and Culture
- Vacancy Type
- Fixed Term Contract
- Job Advert Description
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it's all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
What You’ll Do
This role is key within our People & Culture function (comprising People Ops, Recruitment & Internal Communications). Our team is obsessed with employee engagement and culture; looking at everything from the way we recruit and retain talented people through to engaging them with our work and building brand engagement amongst our people. This 6 month FTC will be an essential role in supporting the team during a period of exciting projects and change management.
As a People & Culture Advisor, your core accountabilities will be:
- Provide advice, support and guidance to managers and employees across the full spectrum of People (HR)
- Lead on formal employee relations cases within the business, with the support of our People & Culture Manager for more complex cases
- Develop manager skills and confidence across all team matters including tricky issues, performance management, resourcing and staff management
- Play an active role in the delivery and roll-out of our Development offer, ensuring this is delivered to time, budget and quality
- Be our policies and employment law guru on a global level, ensuring policies are reviewed, fit for purpose and proposing amendments where needed
- Quality assure all offer letters and contracts produced by our People & Culture Coordinator
- Mentor/buddy our People & Culture coordinator to share your experience and learning
- Support our Senior Manager, Internal Communications in the setup, roll out and analysis of our bi-annual engagement survey
- Support the bi-annual pay and promotions process on a global level
Who You Are
- A collaborator who enjoys knowledge sharing and building up expertise within the team
- A relationship former who sees the value in developing strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Resilient with the ability to challenge opinions, absorb pressure and question stakeholders
- Used to taking a creative approach to your work, that creates a positive, can-do environment
- Progressive HR experience, previous start-up experience a plus
- Solid knowledge of employment law and HR best practice with the superpower of turning HR jargon into everyday, human language
- Experience of working with and coaching managers to handle people issues
- Experience of seeing ER processes (unexpected time away, disciplinaries and flexible working) through to successful resolution
- Comfortable with advising important stakeholders on tricky challenges or conversations
- Experience of messaging and coordinating internal events or workshops for maximum business impact
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow - we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
- Closing Date